- 1 Top 10 iOS Apps to Learn Chinese
Top 10 iOS Apps to Learn Chinese
Chinese is one of the most widely spoken languages on earth. It’s also one of the most popular languages on the internet. If you’re one of the Chinese learners and using iPhone, you can study Chinese easily on your phone. Now we’ve selected the top 10 apps to learn Chinese for iOS users below.
Skritter app is one of the best ways to learn Chinese. It is s a focused learning tool and also helps you to learn some Chinese characters better than anything else. You can choose the vocabulary lists and Skritter handles the rest—a writing coach in the palm of your hand. Say hello to the Chinese language learning app of the future.
- 10,000+ characters and 400,000+ words.
- Study offline, auto-sync when you reconnect.
- Hundreds of textbook lists.
- Handwriting recognition with instant feedback.
- Simplified and traditional character support.
- Cancel anytime, keep reviewing for free.
- One week free trial, $7.50-14.99/month after that.
uTalk Classic Learn Mandarin Chinese
uTalk Classic is a nice Chinese app that is super easy to use. In fact, the company claims it will help you start speaking a new language instantly. With uTalk Classic, learn the essential words and phrases you need to get talking, build confidence, and make friends wherever you go. Over 30 million people worldwide have used uTalk’s award-winning method – developed over 25 years – to learn a new language. It’s simple, fun, with immediate results… and now it has a shiny new look and improved games to make your learning even more rewarding.
- Motivating – enjoying something is the best way to stick with it. uTalk Classic’s games are designed to be fun and addictive, so you actually want to keep learning.
- Authentic – we source native speakers and translators to bring you all the content in uTalk Classic, ensuring you’re learning to speak just like a local.
- Smart – intelligent software knows what you’re good at (and where you need more help), uniquely tailoring the games to your individual level.
- Perfect for pronunciation – record yourself as you practice speaking the language for yourself. You can do this as many times as you like to perfect your accent.
- Visual – our beautiful pictures link words with images to accelerate how your brain learns, using visual recall to help you remember your new language.
- Practical – uTalk Classic teaches you words and phrases you’ll actually need with nine beginner topics: first words, food, and drink, colors, numbers, parts of the body, telling the time, shopping, phrases, and countries.
- Portable – use uTalk Classic offline anywhere in the world, with no risk of racking up any nasty roaming charges when you’re abroad.
ChineseSkill – Learn Chinese
ChineseSkill is the best Mandarin Chinese learning app for beginners. It’s now COMPLETELY FREE! The Spaced Repetition System, Chinese automatic speech assessment, Chinese character handwriting and pinyin tone animation technologies are applied in ChineseSkill app to make language learning more fun, easy and effective.
- Game-based learning course: an easy start for beginners.
- Quality courses based on the CEFR.
- Learning while testing (provides review and consolidation).
- Native pronunciation at standard or slower speed.
- A novel way to study Chinese characters.
- Displays Chinese as pinyin or characters or both.
- Switches easily between simplified and traditional Chinese.
- Learning progress synchronized across iPad, iPhone, iPod touch.
- Keep new vocabulary and sentence patterns in your long-term memory.
- Effective and efficient for learners on the go.
TutorMandarin is the Chinese app for you if you are very serious about improving your Mandarin skills to a higher level. It has built-in courses that are designed around HSK standards. It also provides a transparent list of professional native tutors in one place which makes finding tutors a lot easier! And also the best platform where you can learn Chinese professionally with your own tutor and also gains more insight into the Chinese Cultures at the same time.
The other point here is that Tutormandarin is not just a language exchange. Tutors are professional with certifications and they are using a curriculum designed around HSK standards to learn in a systematic and efficient way. Plus all people looking to learn Mandarin get a free trial class just for signing up. But TutorMandarin is only available on Android for now. iOS version will be in out coming soon.
Pleco Chinese Dictionary
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion. It is a very useful dictionary among other Chinese apps with lots of add-on feature to support your Chinese learning journey and it is mainly used as a dictionary. You can search the Chinese word by writing directly on its full-screen handwriting input. This makes Pleco the best dictionary app for the beginners who do not know the pinyin or Zhuyin (pronunciation).
- Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries – CC-CEDICT and our in-house PLC dictionary – which together cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin.
- Handwriting input: lookup unknown characters by drawing them, with a best-in-class recognition engine.
- Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques.
- Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear male + female native-speaker audio for Chinese dictionary headwords; recordings available for over 34,000 words.
- Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces/tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
- PRC- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters.
- Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization and also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons.
HelloChinese – Learn Chinese
HelloChinese is the best Mandarin Chinese learning app for all beginners! It can help you to learn Chinese Mandarin fast from zero to a conversational level. This app is easy to use, fun and highly effective way. You not only learn Mandarin Chinese but also enjoy the process of exploring the culture behind the language.
- Game-based Chinese learning: You will never get bored.
- Immersion lessons help you to have real-life, practical conversations quickly.
- Over 1,000 videos – all featuring authentic Chinese speakers!
- Innovative self-adaptive learning games that incorporate Chinese cultural education.
- Systematic courses based on HSK levels.
- Simplified and traditional Chinese(Mandarin) are both supported.
- Offline accessibility: Once a course is downloaded, no internet connection is required.
Mondly: Learn 33 Languages
Mondly offers courses in 33 languages, and Mandarin is one of them. Learn the Chinese language with free lessons daily. In just minutes you’ll start memorizing core words, form sentences, learn phrases and take part in conversations. Fun language lessons improve your vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation like no other language learning method. Don’t forget to download the language learning pill today and enjoy the benefits of learning a new language for life.
Learn Chinese HD
Learn Chinese HD is easy to use that will give visitors to Chinese-speaking countries and those who are interested in learning Mandarin a good start in the language. This app is recorded using the native speaker and we have tried our best to be authentic in the pronunciation whilst ensuring it is easy to understand. Recommended app for tourists and business people visiting China.
- Universal app works on iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad.
- Carefully translated list of essential phrases.
- Over 1,000 of useful words and phrases.
- Audio recorded by native speakers.
- No internet connection required.
- Search for words inside the app.
- Highlight important words with tips.
- No adverts or annoying popups.
Sina News app gives a clear overview of China’s current headlines and is therefore arguably the best Chinese app on China’s news around. Reading the news in Chinese might be something for advanced learners, but you could also download this app when it’s still a bit difficult to read for you especially if you have the Pleco dictionary installed, that has the web reader. Just tap on an article, copy the text go to your Pleco Reader, or copy the URL and read the article straight from the Pleco app. Then you can tap on all the words and characters you do not know and it will be translated right away.
Mandarin Chinese by Nemo
Mandarin Chinese by Nemo is a great app for beginner Chinese learners. It allows beginner learners to learn the most basic Chinese expressions, saying hello to asking where one comes from. Users can record themselves while saying the words in order to enable users to listen to their own recording and compare it to the native speaker sound file.
- The most essential words and phrases of the language, each with native speaker audio.
- All audio is downloaded to the device and accessible even in airplane mode or without expensive international roaming fees.
- Nemo is NOT BUILT AROUND LESSONS at all. It is meant to be picked up and put down throughout the day, whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
- NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of Chinese required.
They’re the top 10 iOS apps to learn Chinese. Enjoy our list of the best iOS Chinese apps.
Comment below and tell me more about your choices!