- 1 How to ask name in Mandarin?
- 1.1 Asking and saying your name in Chinese
- 1.2 Asking for a name in Chinese. Saying someone else’s name in Chinese.
- 1.3 Want a video on How to ask name in Mandarin?
- 1.4 Watch our video on 3 Ways to Ask Someone’s Name in Mandarin Chinese
- 1.5 Sign up our free trial to learn Mandarin and download the Chinese App for more Chinese language materials and to learn Mandarin online.
How to ask name in Mandarin?
Getting to know someone else isn’t always that simple — especially when it is in another language. Trying to speak even just a few sentences in the native language of a foreigner you want to get to know, always shows your interest and respect to that person. And as we all know – It is all about the first impression while meeting someone for the first time.
Therefore, TutorMandarin wants to give you some examples how to get started.
Today, we want to give you a short overview how you can introduce yourself and others so that you can start to learn Chinese language. To make it as easy as possible we will show you some examples including the English translation, Chinese characters, and pinyin (the pronunciation).
Asking and saying your name in Chinese
Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì?
What’s your name?
Wǒ jiào Mark.
My name is Mark.
Nǐ de zhōngwén míngzì shì shénme?
What’s your Chinese name?
Wǒ de zhōngwén míngzì shì mǎ kě.
My Chinese name is Ma Ke.
Nǐ xìng shénme?
What’s your family name?
Wǒ xìng Smith, shǐmìsī.
My family name is Smith, Shi mi si.
Asking for a name in Chinese. Saying someone else’s name in Chinese.
Tā jiào shénme míngzì?
What’s her name?
Tā jiào mǎlì.
Her name is Mary.
Tā shì shuí?
Who is he?
Tā shì wǒ de péngyǒu Peter.
He is my friend Peter.
Tā shì wǒ de tóngxué.
He is my classmate.
Tā jiào Mike.
His name is Mike.
Qǐngwèn, nǐ de míngzì zěnme pīnxiě?
How to spell your name, please?
Want a video on How to ask name in Mandarin?
Watch our video on 3 Ways to Ask Someone’s Name in Mandarin Chinese